Thursday 12 December 2013

My First Post

Welcome to my blog! I have to admit, I’m still trying to work out how to use it, and all the intricacies that go along with it, but I am extremely excited! I’ve always loved films and how they are made, but for my 18th birthday my brother bought me a book named “1001 movies you have to see before you die”. The book goes through all of the best movies made throughout the 20th century, each with a bit of background, the reception the film received and why it is important to view said film. A fact about me is that I have an absolute passion for history, so watching these films set the ever-changing landscape of the 20th century through fresh 21st century eyes is fascinating to me.

As soon as I began watching these movies I reveled in the certainty that as soon as I would finish watching, I would write about it, purely for my own personal gain. This was when I decided “hey, might as well post it for others to read!” My goal, therefore, over the course of the next year is to watch, learn and write about each of these 1001 movies, giving my personal perspective on each film.

So here goes! Enjoy a wide landscape of films both old and new, foreign and western, and each and every genre.

You are welcome to come on this journey with me. So for the first time- cue the review!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment